About the vacancy
The client is a private, independent investment management company that manages equities, fixed income assets, private equity, and hedge funds for global institutional investors. The company is currently considered the best place to work in the asset management industry among firms with over 1000 employees.
As a Data Developer, you will be part of a team that working on the new data mart project. The specialist will participate in the development of a modern end-to-end quant modeling solution.
- Work with analysts to understand business issues and market data requirements used in existing quantitative models
- Refactor and migrate existing data extraction processes to new platforms and new data pipelines
- Conduct ad-hoc analyses and present the results
- Work with other technology groups to build a pipeline of data from different data sources
- 7+ years of software development including data analytics experiences.
- 3+ years of experience using Python and SQL
- Experiences with MS SQL Server (2012+) development, including complex joins and other techniques
- Expertise in cloud-based databases. Experiences with Snowflake Cloud Data Warehouse is a big plus.
- Experience with developing and maintaining data pipelines.
- Good experiences in software & data test framework.
- Familiarity with Python test framework
- Experience with DevOps toolsets such as Azure DevOps, JIRA, GIT, or similar.
- Knowledge of Scrum/Kanban and Agile Development
- Spoken English
Would be a plus
- Experiences with Azure or AWS
- Experience with Data Engineering including skills with Airflow, Docker, Kubernetes, Kafka, or Spark.
- R & MATLAB experience
- Experiences or knowledge of financial modeling and use of market data such as Bloomberg, FactSet, or Refinitiv.
- Experience in a Financial Services or FinTech company
Learn more about our policy of equal opportunities in employment
Work at DataArt is
Our relationships with clients and colleagues are based on mutual respect, no matter what differences we may have.
- Long-term partnership
- Respect for individuality and freedom of expression
- Flexible schedule, comfortable offices, and the ability to work from home
- Market-driven compensation and health care
- High quality internal administrative services
Get the opportunity to unleash your potential in DataArt's ecosystem
- Highly qualified team
- Communities and knowledge sharing
- English classes
- Internal educational system
Freedom to explore and opportunities to get new experience and knowledge. Constant willingness to change
- Work contract with DataArt, not project based employment
- Flat structure
- Minimum rules
- Rules and policies change with context, while values stay the same
- Easy movement among offices and opportunities for relocation
The ability to count on each other and the willingness to trust people lies at the heart of relationships in DataArt
- Management via context, bottom-up decision making. We avoid micromanagement
- Clear equal rules and policies
- Fair management
- No ranking vs others, no regular reassessments. Fair seniority assessment