Lead Python Developer, Online Education Solutions
About the vacancy
Our client is a NY-based company that provides services in the field of online education. They developed next-generation solutions and interactive programs for teachers and students widely used in schools of the US. The client's culture is very similar to ours - there is no hierarchy, friendly and open-minded team where each voice is valuable. They also have a very solid approach to technology, best practices, and processes, with the latest frameworks and tools. There is a number of autonomous and empowered teams who work within their own part of the product and choose their own way of doing things and they expect people to be proactive and good team players.
The project extensively uses AWS cloud, Lambdas, containers, infrastructure as a code, SQL and no-SQL storages, latest versions of languages and tools. Some teams are more product-oriented and build outstanding student-facing applications and some teams own shared components and services used by other products.
This particular team will be a new product development team that will focus on building our new Language Literacy Assessment product for middle-grades students. The team will focus on the development of the assessment administration and the classroom reporting applications. The web applications use React/Redux on the FE and are designed to be able to run in both online and offline modes on an iPad (not as a native app, but as a Safari web app). The FE syncs with a set of BE APIs that provide assessment content, result, and other business logic services. These APIs are built using AWS Lambdas written in Python and with DynamoDBs as the data stores.
We are looking for a Tech Lead who has experience leading and managing dev teams that can work on both the FE and BE. The candidate should have experience in architecting services and working with upstream teams and managing dependencies with them. We are expecting this engineer to be able to onboard the rest of the engineers, so good communication skills are a must-have.
- Back-end and API development skills in Python
- Experience with technical team leading, building, and managing the team (up to 5 people)
- Experience working with AWS technologies (RDS, Lambdas, DynamoDB)
- Solid experience working with SQL and NoSQL databases
- Experience in the Agile methodology (SCRUM)
- Experience working with Linux based platform
- Good spoken English
Would be a plus
- Experience working with Node.js, Java, or other languages
- Experience working with Terraform
- Experience working with front-end (React.js)
Learn more about our policy of equal opportunities in employment
Work at DataArt is
Our relationships with clients and colleagues are based on mutual respect, no matter what differences we may have.
- Long-term partnership
- Respect for individuality and freedom of expression
- Flexible schedule, comfortable offices, and the ability to work from home
- Market-driven compensation and health care
- High quality internal administrative services
Get the opportunity to unleash your potential in DataArt's ecosystem
- Highly qualified team
- Communities and knowledge sharing
- English classes
- Internal educational system
Freedom to explore and opportunities to get new experience and knowledge. Constant willingness to change
- Work contract with DataArt, not project based employment
- Flat structure
- Minimum rules
- Rules and policies change with context, while values stay the same
- Easy movement among offices and opportunities for relocation
The ability to count on each other and the willingness to trust people lies at the heart of relationships in DataArt
- Management via context, bottom-up decision making. We avoid micromanagement
- Clear equal rules and policies
- Fair management
- No ranking vs others, no regular reassessments. Fair seniority assessment